- Campus Ministry
- Callings--Incoming Student Program
- Center for Social Concern
- Chapel Renovation
- Grad/Law School Ministry
- Graduate Assistant Program
- Interdenominational Ministry
- Interfaith Ministry
- Liturgy and Sacraments
- Mass Schedule
- Monthly Memorial Masses
- Becoming Catholic
- Music Ministry
- Other Liturgical Ministries
- Ministry in Residential Areas
- Pastoral Care and Spiritual Growth
- Perspectives on Faith and Life
- Small Faith Communities
- Student Religious Organizations
- Vehicle Information
Lectors proclaim the Word of God to the gathered community. Through preparation and study of scripture, lectors help facilitate "active listening" to the Word. Training takes place at the beginning of each semester.
Lay ministers help with the distribution of Holy Communion at Mass. All "EMs" are commissioned for service to the UD community for the duration of their studies here. A short training session is held at the beginning of each semester.
Training for Lectors/Readers and Eucharistic Ministers
- Tuesday, September 8, around 10pm (after 9pm mass), Stuart Res Hall Chapel
- Wednesday, September 9, around 1:30pm (after the 12:30pm mass), Immaculate Conception Chapel
- Wednesday, September 9, around 10pm (after 9pm mass), Marycrest Res Hall Chapel
- Thursday, September 10, around 10pm (after 9pm mass), Marianist Res Hall Chapel
Mass Coordinators (MCs) facilitate the prayer of the community by scheduling, coordinating, recruiting, and mentoring liturgical ministers. They assist with preparing the needed materials, books, and supplies for liturgy. They grow in their own spirituality through weekly preparation sessions and faith-sharing. This is an ideal role for students who have been active liturgical ministers in their parishes and high schools. If interested in learning more about becoming an MC, please contact Fr. Kip Stander, SM.
Servers assist the presider, bearing candles and the cross in procession, and fulfilling other roles in the liturgy.
- Training will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 1 at 7:30pm in the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception (Main Chapel).
SPANISH LANGUAGE LITURGICAL MINISTERS
UD celebrates one bilingual Mass each semester or more and incorporates the Spanish language into other Masses on special occasions. Therefore, native Spanish speakers (or students with a strong interest or fluency in Spanish) are needed to prepare and minister at these Masses. Please contact Kathy Sales.
Singers and instrumentalists lead the sung prayer of the assembly at our campus liturgies. UD's UnderGraduate Music Ministry (UGMM) program prepares students for leadership roles in music ministry. Visit our Music Ministry page for more information about UD Music Ministry, or contact Scott Paeplow at 937.229.2052.
For More Information
For More Information on How to Get Involved in any Liturgical Ministry, Please Contact:
Campus Ministers for Liturgies:
Kathy Sales, Assistant Director of Campus Ministry for Liturgy
Colleen Brown, Campus Minister for Liturgy and Sacraments
Scott Paeplow, Campus Minister for Liturgical Music
Fr. Kip Stander, S.M., University Chaplain