Computers and PrintingMap of Computer Availability
- Printing is available through the use of Flyer Express accounts at 4 cents per print. All library computers can print.
- Copiers are located on the first and second floors. Cost is 5 cents per copy.
- Scanners are available on the second floor.
If you are not affiliated with University of Dayton please see information for visitors.
- Directions for Printing
- Printing from Your Laptop
- Pay for Printing
- Copying in the Library
- Computer/Scanner Locations and Software
Directions for Printing
When you are ready to print:
- Log in to any library computer.
- Send your document to the printer as normal. It will not print yet.
- Click on the small printer icon located next to the Start button.
- The PaperCut web page will display.
- Enter your username and password and click Login.
- Your document name, number of pages, and cost will be displayed.
- Check the box beside the document you want to print and then click Print.
Please ask a library staff member for assistance if your document does not print after completing these steps.
Can I get refunds?
No, you cannot get a refund. If your document does not print at all, ask for help. In some instances, the library staff may reprint your document at no charge. If the printer damages the paper or the printing is illegible, take the print to the second floor Help Desk, the Knowledge Hub desk or Access Services desk (both located on the first floor), and ask for assistance.
Printing from Your Laptop
Roesch Library patrons can print from their notebook computers on the first and second floors. Patrons who print from a notebook will be charged just as if they were using a library computer. Printing fees (4 cents per page) are withdrawn from the user's Flyer Express account.
Installing Network Printers: Windows
1. Download and install the iPrint client. The iPrint client can be obtained from http://software.udayton.edu. Look for the Novell IPrint Client in the list of All Available Software
2. Download and install the driver for the printer you would like to send your documents to. You may install one or more printers from this list located at: http://printers.servers.udayton.edu/ipp
FLYER_KM_751_RL105_RIGHT (First Floor right printer)
FLYER_KM_751_RL105_LEFT (First Floor left printer)
FLYER_KM_751_RL2_RIGHT (Second Floor right printer)
FLYER_KM_751_RL2_LEFT (Second Floor left printer)
3. Send your document to the selected printer. It will not print yet.
4. Log in to PaperCut at https://udprint.udayton.edu/. Check the box beside the document you want to print and then click Print.
Pay for Printing
Printing is available through your Flyer Express account at 4 cents per print. Visitors can print for 10 cents per page using the designated visitor computers, but must pay cash when prints are picked up at the Access Services desk in the lobby.
How do I add money to my Flyer Express account?
- With cash, add up to $5.00 at the Access Services desk in the library lobby or Office of Student Accounts, St. Mary's rm. 105
- With personal check, visit the Office of Student Accounts, St. Mary’s rm. 105
- With credit card, call 937-229-2456 or deposit online using the Flyer Express website ($5 minimum)
Copying in the Library
Copiers are located on the first and second floors.
- Both floors have copiers that accept money or Flyer Express.
- Photocopies are 5 cents each.
Computer/Scanner Locations and Software
Computers are located in the Knowledge Hub on the first floor and around the perimeter of the second floor. Computers with double monitors are available on the second floor as well. All library computers can print.
Scanners are connected to computers on the second floor.
All library computers can print and come equipped with:
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus Suite
Adobe Acrobat Reader
- HP Scanning software
- PuTTY - SSH client