At the University of Dayton, we are pleased to offer comprehensive, competitive benefits to eligible employees, their dependents, retirees and graduate assistants. For more detailed information on the benefits available to you, click on the link in the For More Information box that describes your role at the University. Please note that not all benefits are available to all roles. Benefits for part-time employees vary. The benefits packages may include the following:
- Health care programs. The University and the employees share in the cost of medical insurance coverage. Two plan options provide different levels of benefits to meet individual needs.
- Vision insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Retirement benefits. The University contributes to an employer-funded group retirement annuity 401(a) with TIAA-CREF. The plan features a four-year vesting schedule and a generous matching scheme. The University's contribution is a percent of annual salary and is determined by length of eligible service and the employee's contribution to an approved tax-deferred annuity program. Employees may direct their contributions to a choice of investment funds managed by two financial providers.
- Life insurance. The University pays the full cost of group life insurance equal to 1.7 times the employee's annual salary.
- Short and Long-term disability insurance.
- Group Long Term Care insurance.
- Sick leave, salary continuation, and leaves of absence.
- Flexible spending account for medical and dependent care expenses.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Adoption reimbursement.
- Child care. The Bombeck Family Learning Center, the University's children's center, is a provider of high-quality child care.
- Employee assistance program.
- Paid holidays. The University observes 15 holidays a year.
- Vacation. Vacation hours are based on years of service.
- Wellness program.
- Athletic ticket discount.
- On-campus conveniences: dining facilities, post office, bookstore, fitness center (RecPlex), automated teller machines, credit union, and library.