Skip to main content

Undergraduate Admission

Credit by Exam

Our students bring a variety of academic backgrounds to the University. Because of this, we cooperate with several major testing programs, allowing you to receive college-level course credit for knowledge achieved through prior experience.

In addition to these programs, you may receive credit by satisfactorily completing departmental examinations in certain areas. This type of exam is arranged directly with a specific department chairperson, normally before you enroll.

Credit by Exam Options

The AP program recognizes college-level work completed in high school. To determine the availability of the program at your high school, consult your guidance counselor. To receive credit and advanced placement for this program, have your test scores sent to the University of Dayton (College Board code: 1834).

AP Credit Chart
College credit may be awarded by successfully completing some subject tests of the CLEP. Since not all examinations are acceptable and some subject examinations require an essay, please contact us for information. No credit is given for general examinations.

CLEP Credit Chart
GCE A-Level examinations are based on a British secondary school program of college-level work and standardized examinations. To receive credit, submit your official test results to the dean's office. A-Level examinations with a grade of "E" or better will be considered for credit.

The IB Program is a rigorous pre-university course of studies leading to examinations. At the University of Dayton, you may be eligible to receive credit based on the results of your IB higher level examinations. No credit is awarded for standard level examinations.


IB Credit Chart

If you have earned college credits while in high school and want these credits transferred to the University of Dayton, you must have an official transcript of grades mailed from the college to:

Office of the Registrar
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469-1668

In most cases, these credits will be accepted toward your degree requirements. In order for credit to transfer, you must have earned a C or better in a course. Only credit hours transfer.


Office of Recruitment and Admission

Albert Emanuel Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 1602
Contact Undergraduate Admission