Exchange and Visiting Students and Scholars

International students are welcome to attend the University of Dayton for a semester or full year to complement their studies at their home institution. Students may register for classes as an exchange student or a visiting student.

Exchange students are those that enroll for a semester or full year in the University of Dayton as part of an exchange agreement between the student's home institution and the University of Dayton.

Students who are attending universities not on the current University of Dayton exchange list, or students from partner institutions with no student exchange agreement in place, may apply to come visiting students.

UD faculty or staff interested in hosting someone from overseas should apply for Visiting Scholar status for om their guest’s behalf. The Visiting Scholar process will ensure that the guest receives all necessary approvals and support before and after they arrive.

Exchange Students from Partner Institutions

If you are an international student from a partner institution that has established an exchange agreement with the University of Dayton, please completethe Exchange Program Application Process.

List of the University of Dayton's partner institutions >>

Visiting Students

International students who are not currently enrolled as a degree-seeking student at a University of Dayton exchange partner institution may be eligible to visit the University of Dayton for one semester as a full-time, non-degree visiting student.

Students interested in the Visiting Student Program should contact Sean McCarthy at for more information and the application package.

Visiting Scholars

Visiting Scholar must be invited by an academic department or administrator who will serve as your host. Departments, faculty sponsors, and administrators play in this process. If you are interesting in hosting a Visiting Scholar, visit our Inviting a Scholar page to learn more about the process.