Student Support

Students in the University of Dayton Intensive English Program receive support both in and out of the classroom. Opportunities to communicate with native U.S. speakers, including other University of Dayton students, are combined with activities on and off campus, providing many options for engaging in U.S. American culture.

IEP Tutor Place

Tutoring is available for all registered IEP students. Working one-on-one with tutors, students learn and practice writing, reading and proofreading strategies as well as listening, speaking and vocabulary building strategies necessary for critical, college-level discourse. Students can choose to work individually with a tutor or together as small group members. Tutors can also answer clarifying questions about project instructions or other assignments for class.

Summer 2015 tutoring takes place in Roesch Library room 501 during the following times:

Mondays 10 to 3 p.m.
Tuesdays 11 to 3 p.m.
Wednesdays 10 to 3 p.m.
Thursdays 11 to 3 p.m.
Fridays Closed

Conversation Groups

Conversation Groups bring U.S. and IEP students together for fun and informal discussions about topics related to American culture. Each session begins with a conversation question, with the freedom to follow its lead or direct the discussion elsewhere. Conversation Groups help international students improve English speaking skills and increase levels of knowledge about American culture, which is an invaluable asset in transitioning to UD. Conversation Groups are offered both Fall and Spring semesters.

Learn more >>


Each term, the Intensive English Program offers activities on and off campus just for IEP students. In the past, these events have included trips to local sites like the U.S. Air Force Museum, movie theatres, restaurants, ice skating, local shopping centers, and more. IEP students are encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities to learn more about U.S. American culture and explore life off campus. Look for fliers outside the IEP classrooms on the first and second floors of Rike Center.

Requesting Documents from the IEP Office

Current IEP students often need to request documents from the Intensive English Program office. Our office can provide progress reports for a student’s government/embassy, recommendation letters for admission requirements, or copies of IEP graduation certificates. Students can choose to pick up these documents in the Rike Center, room 112, or have a PDF copy sent to a preferred email.

Document Request Form>>   


Related Links

Contact the CIP

Center for International Programs

Rike Center 
300 College Park 
Dayton, Ohio 45469