See UD's plans to return to teaching, learning, research and experiential learning on campus this fall with measures in place to promote safety and lessen the risk of COVID-19 spread.

Skip to main content



 Below are PDF-fillable copies of our most common forms. 

Affidavit of Support
This form must accompany certain I-20 or DS-2019 request forms. It is used to certify sufficient funding for the issuance of a new I-20 or DS-2019. If you are supporting yourself through someone else’s funds (e.g. parent or spouse) your sponsor must complete this form. Students sponsored by their governments do not need to submit this form.
Authorized Early Withdrawal If you are taking a leave of absence or withdrawing from the university, use this form to suspend your immigration status.
Curricular Practical Training - Policies and Request  Form  Explains CPT policies and procedures.  Use this form to request authorization for an off-campus internship, co-op, or other employment before graduation.
Guide for Completing the I-765 This guide will help students understand and fill out the I-765. Includes examples and helpful suggestions.
Guide for Completing the I-983 This guide will help students understand and fill out the I-983. Includes examples and helpful suggestions.
Health & Safety Requirements

Download the instructions to complete mandatory address reporting and immigration document upload.

SSN Letter Request Newly hired students should complete this form to obtain a Social Security Number.
Optional Practical Training: Application & Checklist Explains the Optional Practical Training (OPT) application process. Students should use this form to request an OPT I-20.
Optional Practical Training: STEM Extensions Explains the STEM extension process.
STEM OPT Request and Reporting

Request your STEM OPT I-20, and/or submit STEM OPT employment reports.

Reduced Course Load Authorization - Academic Use this form to request a reduced course load for academic reasons.
Reduced Course Load Authorization - Medical Use this form to request a reduced course load for medical reasons.
Request for Dependent I-20 Use this form to obtain an I-20 to bring your spouse and/or dependent children to the US. ISSS will issue an I-20 which the dependent will use to obtain an F-2 visa.
Request for Letter of Verification/Invitation

Download a template to provide your family member with an invitation letter for purposes of applying for a visitor visa.

Request to Change Academic Level Use this form to update your I-20 to reflect a new level of study.
Request to Extend I-20 If you are unable to complete your academic program within the period specified on the I-20, you must request to extend your I-20 to remain in the US legally.
Request to Replace I-20 Use this form to replace an I-20 that was lost, stolen, or damaged.
Transfer In If you are currently studying or recently finished your studies in the US, use this form to transfer your SEVIS record to UD before beginning your studies here.
Transfer Out Use this form if you intend to continue or start a new program at another university.

International Student and Scholar Services

Rike Center
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469