See UD's plans for teaching, learning and research this fall with measures to promote safety and lessen the risk of COVID-19 spread. See UD case dashboard here.

Skip to main content

Renewing Your Aid for Undergraduates

Families are required to submit the FAFSA annually to receive consideration for need-based financial aid awards. Please note we cannot guarantee the same level of need-based financial aid for each year of your undergraduate enrollment. Although eligibility may vary from year to year based on changes in family income or assets, family size, number of dependents in college and funding levels, our net tuition guarantee ensures that you pay the same amount for tuition all four years of full-time enrollment.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

The Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, as amended, requires institutions that receive and disburse Federal Title IV aid to develop and enforce, annually, their standards of satisfactory academic progress (SAP). These requirements encourage students to successfully complete courses for which financial aid is received and to progress satisfactorily toward degree completion. The University of Dayton uses these standards for the renewal of other University and state funds.

The Office of Financial Aid will review your progress in May of each year to verify your eligibility for aid for the next academic year. If you did not meet the standards outlined in the Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines (.pdf), you will receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid when the school year ends. It is our institutional policy to cancel all aid eligibility, including loans, if the student is not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.

The University of Dayton is committed to helping students and families make responsible financing decisions. If you did not meet the standards outlined in the Satisfactory Academic Progress Guidelines, the University encourages you to complete a Financial Aid Appeal Form. This form should be completed thoroughly and thoughtfully, and will be reviewed by our committee within 2-4 weeks. 



Office of Admission and Financial Aid

Albert Emanuel Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 1310