Transcripts and Diplomas
Obtaining a Transcript
There are two types of transcripts:
- An unofficial transcript with the School of Law registrar’s signature
- An official transcript in a sealed envelope from the main campus Registrar’s Office
When an employer requests a law school transcript, an unofficial transcript is usually sufficient (unless the employer specifies “official transcript”). A transcript printed from the web is not sufficient. Unofficial law school transcripts may be obtained from the School of Law Office of the Registrar. Students may make requests for transcripts in person, via fax (937-229-4769) or email. The request should include the following information:
- Student name
- Term last attended
- Student ID number (if not a current student include your SS#)
- Date of birth
- Student mailbox number (if not a current student include your address)
There is no charge for unofficial transcripts, and the process usually takes three to five days. Most employers allow students to submit photocopies of transcripts, so to save time, students can order one copy of their transcripts and make multiple copies of it to fulfill employer requests.
Official transcripts in a sealed envelope (necessary for bar exam applications) may be ordered from the university's main campus Registrar’s Office. Students may make their requests online, in person or through the mail. Fax and email requests are not accepted.
University of Dayton Flyers First (Registrar’s Office)
St. Mary's Hall, Room 411
Flyers First Office
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-1668
Hours: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Duplicate or replacement diplomas
To request a duplicate or replacement diploma for your J.D., LL.M. or M.S.L. degree:
- Name at graduation
- Name on the diploma
- Year of graduation
- Return address (if sending out of the country there may be an additional cost)
- Email address or telephone number
- Check or money order for $30.00 made payable to UDSL must accompany request
Send the above information with payment to:
School of Law Registrar's Office
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-2772
Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.
Email Mary Beth Miller at LawOffOfReg@udayton.edu.