Andrew P. Murray
School of Engineering: Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Location: Kettering Laboratories Room 346A
- Phone: 937-229-2201
- Email: Contact
- Cotton, S., M. Vanoncini, P. Fraisse, N. Ramdani, E. Demircan, A.P. Murray, and T. Keller. 2011. Estimation of the centre of mass from motion capture and force plate recordings: A study on the elderly. Applied Bionics and Biomechanics 8: 67-84.
- Myszka, D., and A. Murray. 2010. Pole arrangements that introduce prismatic joints into the design space of four- and five-position rigid-body synthesis. IFToMM Mechanism and Machine Theory 45, no. 9: 1314-25.
- Myszka, D., and A. Murray. 2010. Slider cranks as compatibility linkages for parameterizing center point curves. ASME Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics 2, no. 2 (May): 021007-1-7.
- Cotton, S., A. Murray, and P. Fraisse. 2009. Estimation of the center of mass: From humanoid robots to human beings. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics 14, no. 6 (December): 707-12.
- Persinger, J.A., J.P. Schmiedeler, and A.P. Murray. 2009. Synthesis of planar rigid-body mechanisms approximating shape changes defined by closed curves. ASME Journal of Mechanical Design 131, no. 7 (July): 071006-1-7.
- Myszka, D.H., A.P. Murray, and J.P. Schmiedeler. 2009. Singularity analysis of an extensible kinematic architecture: Assur class N, order N-1. ASME Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics 1, no. 1 (February): 011009-1-7.
- Myszka, D.H., A.P. Murray, and J.P. Schmiedeler. 2009. Assessing position order in rigid body guidance: An intuitive approach to fixed pivot selection. ASME Journal of Mechanical Design 131, no. 1 (January): 014502-1-5.
- Frank, G.J., J.J. Joo, B. Sanders, D.M. Garner, and A.P. Murray. 2008. Mechanization of a high aspect ratio wing for aerodynamic control. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures 19 (September): 1101-12.
- Murray, A.P., J.P. Schmiedeler, and B.M. Korte. 2008. Synthesis of planar, shape-changing rigid-body mechanisms. ASME Journal of Mechanical Design 130, no. 3 (March): 032302-1-10.
- Murray, A.P., M.L. Turner, and D.T. Martin. 2008. Synthesizing single DOF linkages via transition linkage identification. ASME Journal of Mechanical Design 130, no. 2 (February): 022301-1-8.
Selected Honors and Awards
- Award for Faculty Excellence in Teaching, Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education, 2011
- Top Male Engineering Professor, UD chapter of Society of Women Engineers, 2011
- Professor of the Year, Epsilon Delta Tau Fraternity, 2009
- Best Paper Award, 30th ASME Mechanisms and Robotics Conference for "Synthesis of Planar, Shape-Changing Rigid Body Mechanisms", 2006
- University of Dayton Humanities Fellows recipient, 2005-2007
- Co-Chair of the 18th Annual University of Dayton Stander Symposium, 2006
- University of Dayton School of Engineering Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2001
- Pi Tau Sigma Professor of the Year Award, 2001
- MDI Mechanical Simulation Software Award, 26th ASME Mechanisms and Robotics Conference, 2000
- MEE 314 Computational Methods
- MEE 321 Theory of Machines
- MEE 520 Theoretical Kinematics
- MEE 521 Kinematic Principles in Design
- MEE 522 Geometric Methods in Kinematics
- Ph.D., Engineering, University of California-Irvine, 1996
- M.S., Engineering, University of California-Irvine, 1993
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, 1989
- Associate Editor, ASME Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, 2009-present
- ASME Design Engineering Division, 2010 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences, General Conference Program Chair, 739 accepted papers spanning 9 conferences, http://www.asmeconferences.org/idetc2010/