After Hours Access
The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) strives to provide a caring and accessible space to students and our campus colleagues. OMA provides:
- a computer lab with FREE printing to undergraduate students
- meeting/study space
- a conference room
- workspace with a kitchen, refrigerator, and microwave
- academic reference materials and office supplies (stapler, tape, etc.)
- extended after hours access via security card swipe
Building Access and Usage Policy
To help us maintain these resources, we have created the following guidelines for those taking advantage of our services:
OMA's regular business hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm. Outside of these hours (i.e., evenings, weekends and holidays), registered UD undergraduate students may access Gosiger Hall and the OMA suite with their student identification card. Students will need to fill out a brief electronic form (see below) requesting access.
For safety reasons, OMA requests that students be mindful of who uses the space and are responsible for any guests. The suite may be used for registered after-hours events. The student who requested use of the space will be held liable for any damage of or abuse to the space.
University policy restricts use of ID cards to their owner; therefore, students may not lend their IDs to anyone else, even other students, in order for them to access or use OMA.
We encourage late night visitors to use safety precautions, including MOMS Limo service.
By using the facility, you agree to assist in keeping the space safe, usable, and welcoming to others. Specifically, we ask that you:
- Clean up after yourself. Leave OMA in as good or better condition than you found it.
- Return furniture to its original position, if moved.
- Wash and put away any dishes you use. Soap, water, and towels are provided in the kitchen. Clean the counter and table tops.
- Throw away all items (cups, napkins, food boxes, etc.). Recycle what you can in the appropriate bins.
- Do not open the door for anyone, or prop doors open for any reason. See Access above and Guests below.
- Be respectful of other users through the conscientious use of the space. The volume and content of your conversations and music should be respectful.
- Be aware of the safety of yourself and others.
Use of the space is provided by the University for current undergraduate students. Non-affiliate guests (family, friends) are welcome, but they must be accompanied at all times by their student host, and should not use computers and other services for personal or non-University of Dayton-related use. Students are responsible for the actions of anyone who enters OMA as your guest (on ‘your card swipe’), including personal liability for any damages.
A violation of any sections of the Building Access/Usage Policy can result in your access privileges being revoked, in addition to other applicable University conduct/disciplinary actions.