Harvey G. Enns
Associate Dean & Associate Professor
School of Business Administration: MIS, OM and Decision Sciences
- Phone: 937-229-2677
- Email: Contact
- MIS 301 - Information Systems in Organizations
- MIS 465 - MIS Project I - Analysis and Design in Teams
- MIS 475 - MIS Project II - Design and Implementation in Teams
- MBA 660 - Information Technology and Systems
- MBA 794 - Information Systems & Business Decision Making
- University of Western Ontario, PhD, 2000
- University of Minnesota, MBA, 1991
- University of Manitoba, B.Commerce, 1985
- University of Winnipeg, BA, 1982
- Chief information officer influence
- Top executive influence
- IT professionals' employment arrangements
- Information systems strategy
- Information systems in developing countries
- Ferratt, T. W, Prasad, J., and Enns, H.G., “Synergy and Its Limits in Managing Information Technology Professionals,” forthcoming in Information Systems Research.
- Enns, H.G., and McDonagh, J.J., “Irish CIOs’ Influence on Technology Innovation & IT-Business Alignment,” Communications of the Association for Information Systems, (30:1), 2012, pp. 1-10.
- Enns, H., McFarlin, D., Sweeney, P. (2011). How CIOs Overcome the Competing Values Challenge. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 28(1), 549-560.
- Prasad, J., Enns, H., Ferratt, T. (2007). One Size Does Not Fit All: Managing IT Employees' Employment Arrangements. Human Resource Management, 46(3), 349-372.
- Enns, H., McFarlin, D., Huff, S. L. (2007). Getting Their Way: CIO's and the use of Interpersonal Influence. MIS Quarterly Executive, 6(1), 29-38.
- Enns, H., Ferratt, T., Prasad, J. (2006). Beyond Stereotypes of IT Professionals: Implications for IT HR Practices. Communications of the ACM, 49(4), 105-109.
- Enns, H., McFarlin, D. (2005). When Executives Successfully Influence Peers: The Role of Target Assessment, Preparation, and Tactics. Human Resource Management, 44(3), 257-278.
- Enns, H., Huff, S., Golden, B. R. (2003). CIO Influence Behaviors: The Impact of Technical Background. Information & Management, 40(5), 467-485.
- Enns, H., Huff, S., Higgins, C. A. (2003). CIO Lateral Influence Behaviors: Gaining Peers' Commitment to Strategic Information Systems. MIS Quarterly, 27(1), 155-176.
- Enns, H., McFarlin, D. (2003). When Executives Influence Peers: Does Function Matter? Human Resource Management, 42(2), 125-142.
- Enns, H., Huff, S. L., Golden, B. R. (2001). How CIOs Obtain Peer Commitment to Strategic IS Proposals: Barriers & Facilitators. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 10(1), 3-14.
- Enns, H., Huff, S. L. (1999). Internet Development in Mongolia: A Case Study. Journal of Global Information Technology Management, 2(3), 5-24.