Goals of the Graduate Program in Music Education
The Department of Music, in cooperation with the School of Education and Health Sciences, strives to meet and exceed the goals set forth by the program:
- To provide specific course offerings that are meaningful and useful in the music classroom.
- To increase the breadth of competency of each candidate in areas, providing a basis for further learning.
- To offer courses that will enhance students’ knowledge, skill, and disposition regarding music, education, and music education.
- To enhance research in music and music education.
- To provide a masters degree program that is attractive and significant to music educators.
- To serve the professional needs of music teachers.