Skip to main content

International Admission

F and J Visa Holders

The University of Dayton and the United States Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement require that students who meet the academic requirements for admission and plan to enter the U.S. on F-1 (student) or J-1 (scholar/exchange visitor) visas provide proof of financial support before immigration documents (I-20 or DS-2019) can be issued. Proof of ability to cover the first year's educational costs, living and other miscellaneous expenses must be made available to the University.

Financial documents should be submitted during the application process along with all other supporting documentation. Applications submitted without supporting financial documents will be considered incomplete and may not be processed in a timely manner. We do not accept emailed, scanned or other photocopies of these documents.

Documents should include:

  • An original bank statement issued within the past six months that shows the account number and balance.
  • Statement of sponsorship, if not self-funded, indicating the extent and duration of support.

The following documents are helpful in processing the applicant's immigration record:

  • A photocopy of the applicant's passport listing official name, birth date, etc.
  • If the applicant is in the U.S., a photocopy of the visa and I-94 on which the applicant entered the country.

Office of International Admission

International and Graduate Admission House
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 2713