- School of Law Home
- Explore Dayton Law
- Academics & Programs
- Apply For Free
- Visit Us
- Two-Year J.D. Program
- Application Process: J.D.
- Application Process: LL.M. & M.S.L.
- Tuition and Costs: J.D. Program
- Tuition and Costs: LL.M. & M.S.L.
- Financial Aid
- Transfer Students
- Visiting Students
- Admitted Students
- Housing Information
- Commitment to Diversity
- Request Information
- Meet Our Alumni
- Current Students
- Career Services
- Zimmerman Law Library
- Faculty and Staff
- Share Your News
- Contact Us by Office
The University of Dayton and the Dayton community offer a wide variety of housing options for students. In the Dayton metropolitan area you will also find homes, condominiums and townhouses to rent or buy, as well as an array of apartments to fit any lifestyle.
These units are typically offered only to only entering students, but sometimes have openings for upper-level students. For information, including rates and details about on-campus housing, please visit the Office of Residence Life's website. If you desire on-campus housing, you can reserve your space as soon as you have paid your first seat deposit.
On-campus housing options include University Place, Plumwood Terrace and 218 L Street Efficiency Apartments.
- Plumwood Terrace, a 55-unit apartment building located three blocks from the School of Law, contains efficiency, single and two-bedroom apartments.
- University Place, located across the street from the School of Law, offers studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom units.
You will have the option to purchase a parking pass through our Parking Services Office if you bring your vehicle.
Off-campus housing is available to current students, as well as entering students, with a variety of housing options available in the Dayton area. Rental units are available in a host of apartment complexes as well as in private homes, town homes and condominiums in the Miami Valley.
For off-campus housing, rents generally range from $350 to $700, depending on tastes in décor and location and if students are living alone or with one or more roommates. Many students live near campus, in surrounding suburbs or even commute from the Cincinnati area. Some of our law students take advantage of the renovated lofts available in downtown Dayton.
Our housing brochure (PDF) contains a sampling of apartments near campus and in the surrounding areas. It is merely a sampling of what is available and is not inclusive of the many options available in the Dayton community.
You may also want to check various locator services such as Apartment Locators at 937-298-3087, and Apartment Guide at 888-343-8031, as well as the following websites:
- Apartment Guide: http://www.apartmentguide.com
- Apartment List: http://www.apartmentlist.com/oh/dayton
- Dayton Daily News: http://www.daytondailynews.com
- Mapquest: http://www.mapquest.com
- Rent.com: http://www.rent.com
- Trulia: http://www.trulia.com
- Zumper: https://www.zumper.com