Skip to main content

Undergraduate International Admission

F and J Visa Holders

The University of Dayton and the United States Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement require that students who meet the academic requirements for admission and plan to enter the U.S. on F-1 (student) visas provide proof of financial support before immigration documents (I-20) can be issued. Proof of ability to cover the first year's educational costs, living and other miscellaneous expenses must be made available to the University.

Information for J-1 visa holders can be found by visiting our International Student and Scholar Services website.

Financial documents may be:

  • Emailed to OR
  • Sent through the mail to the address in the contact section on this page.  

Documents should include:

  • An original bank statement issued within the past six months that shows the owner of the account, account number and balance.
  • Statement of sponsorship, if not self-funded, indicating the relationship of your sponsor, amount and duration of support.

The following documents are helpful in processing the applicant's immigration record:

  • A photocopy of the applicant's passport listing official name, birth date, etc.
  • If the applicant is in the U.S., a photocopy of the visa and I-94 on which the applicant entered the country.
  • You will be able to upload a copy of your passport when completing your application.

If you currently have another valid visa for the United States, please contact our office for guidance on the visa process.


Office of International Admission

International and Graduate Admission House
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 2713