Skip to main content

Housing and Residence Life

Year-Round Housing

Year-round housing options are available for UD students who may need to remain on-campus throughout the year. Students with year round housing need may inquire with the Department of Housing and Residence Life to determine the option which may be the best fit for their specific needs.

Graduate Students

Recognizing the unique needs and schedules of many of our graduate students, University Place and Plumwood apartments are available on a year round basis. Standard contracts are for the academic year (fall and spring semesters) with the option for a summer contract. Break periods are included at no additional charge for residents continuing from term to term in the same location. If you have questions, please contact our office for additional information.

Undergraduate Students (Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors)

Year-round housing is available in University owned Irving Commons apartments by electing a contract option similar to the graduate option explained above. Students interested in this option should contact our office for additional information.

Alternately, students can elect to reside in other locations and request housing at each individual break period. Eligibility is not guaranteed and is based upon the assigned location and available space. Break housing periods are billed at the standard charge.

Undergraduate Students (First-Year Students)

Year-round housing is not available in first-year housing. First-year students with year round need may apply for break housing and receive a temporary reassignment for the break period. Space is limited and students are encouraged to apply early in the application period. Break housing periods are billed at the standard charge.


Housing & Residence Life

Gosiger Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469