Skip to main content

Student Health Center

Vaccine/Health Requirements

To protect the health of everyone on campus, the University requires all students to provide immunization information and complete the Tuberculosis (TB) questionnaire.

The form to fulfill this requirement can be downloaded here (Arabic, Chinese, Spanish). Information must be verified by a physician, and must be submitted by June 30 for students starting fall terms and Jan. 3 for spring terms.

Students can UPLOAD and ENTER HEALTH IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS, enter medical history and SCAN INSURANCE CARD through the Student Portal at

Vaccines/Health Requirements

As part of the enrollment process, all incoming students need to complete a Tuberculosis (TB) questionnaire here (Arabic, Chinese, Spanish). The questionnaire is to assess your risk factors for Tuberculosis, one of the most common infectious diseases in the world.

If you answer YES to any of the questions, you MUST have a Tuberculin Skin Test or TB Blood Test (Quantiferon Gold or T-Spot). Testing must be done by a U.S. Licensed Healthcare Provider and within six months prior to initial attendance. Must ATTACH RESULTS. The TB Skin Test interpretation should be based on mm of induration as well as risk factors. A positive or borderline Quantiferon Gold or T-Spot requires a Chest X-ray. If a TB Skin Test or TB Blood Test is positive, please attach Chest X-ray, Laboratory Report and/or TB Treatment. Students may be tested at the Student Health Center upon arrival. 

Students who have a positive TB test and a negative chest X-ray are required to meet with a physician to discuss preventive treatment. If treatment is refused, you will be asked to sign a refusal form and have an annual evaluation for signs and symptoms of TB. It is the responsibility of the student to pay for any testing and/or treatment.

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THIS DOCUMENTATION BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL ON CAMPUS. Your U.S. Healthcare Provider must complete, sign, and attach corresponding record to the Health Requirement Form.  

The TB questionnaire, and skin/blood test (if required) must be submitted to the University within the first six weeks on campus. Students who do not have the required information on file WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR THE NEXT SEMESTER CLASSES. These tests will also be available, if necessary, at the Student Health Center (at the student's expense) after arrival on campus. For students who have received a BCG vaccination (a childhood vaccine given outside the United States), a chest X-ray or blood test will be required. Contact the Student Health Center at 937-229-3131 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.

All incoming students INCLUDING GRAD, LAW AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS born in 1957 or later are required to submit evidence of having been adequately immunized against measles (rubeola), mumps and rubella (MMR).

The form to fulfill this requirement can be downloaded here (Arabic, Chinese, Spanish). This information must be submitted to the University within the first six weeks on campus. If you do not submit the required information, you will not be permitted to register for second semester classes.

*Please note students who request exemption for MMR vaccine requirement may be REQUIRED to leave the campus in the event of a mumps, measles or rubella case.

*Request an exemption for the MMR vaccine.

The following vaccinations are strongly recommended:

  • COVID-19 (including booster)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Meningitis
  • Tetanus-Diptheria (with or without accellular pertussus/whooping cough)

While the strongly recommended vaccinations are voluntary, the state of Ohio requires students living on campus to attest they understand the risks if they are not vaccinated against meningitis and hepatitis B on the health requirements form (Arabic, Chinese, Spanish) 

Students also can specify if they are not living on campus.

Incoming undergraduate students will complete this process through Porches.

To find a vaccine provider: 

What is your fax number?


Who is required to complete the health requirement form?

ALL on-campus students. ONLINE-only students are not required to meet immunization requirements.

What vaccines/screenings/exemptions must I submit?

  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) series after first birthday
  • Completed TB questionnaire
  • If you answered YES to any TB questions, you are required to complete TB testing. You can submit certified negative results of TB blood test, such as Quantiferon Gold/Spot or PPD skin test completed within 12 months prior to arriving on campus, otherwise you will be tested at UD Student Health Center
  • Positive PPD skin test require a TB blood test, if TB blood test negative no further action needed
  • Positive TB blood tests are required to have a chest x-ray and appointment with a student health center physician

What vaccines are recommended if living in UD housing?

  • COVID-19 (including booster)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Meningitis
  • Tetanus-Deiptheria (with or without accellular pertussus/whooping cough)

How do I access the student portal online?

Visit -

How can I UPLOAD my immunization records?

  1. Log on to using your Porches username and password.
  2. Click on the Required Immunization Form.
  3. Enter the vaccination dates (mm/dd/yyyy).
  4. Click on Add forms tab to upload documents. (Include two-page health requirement form and any supporting documentation)

If you are having trouble uploading your records, please send an email to or call 937-229-3131, press option 2.

What type of proof is acceptable for vaccines?

Acceptable documents include:

  • A document signed by healthcare provider that indicates the names of vaccines and the dates your received them, OR
  • a copy of your immunization records from your previous school on the school’s letterhead, OR
  • lab results showing your immunity.

How do I know if my forms and vaccines have been received and verified?

Once you enter and upload your information through the patient portal, our staff will review your records. Please allow three weeks for processing. Once we verify you have met the immunization requirements, you may check Porches indicating you are compliant. If you are missing any required vaccines, you will receive a secure message that will indicate you are non-compliant and will include instructions. You can monitor your status on Porches.

If I do not have any records of my vaccines, what should I do?

  • You can contact your pediatrician's office, your high school, your previous college, etc. and ask if they have your records.
  • If you cannot obtain records, please make arrangements to receive the vaccines again. (While lab tests are available to confirm immunity to some diseases, such as measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella, they are more accurate with disease-induced immunity and often cannot detect vaccine-induced immunity. It is often easier and less expensive for students to repeat the vaccines than to get the blood tests first.)

Is there a deadline?

  • Yes, the deadline to submit required immunizations is:
    • June 30 for students who start in the fall.
    • Jan. 3 for students who start in the spring.
  • If you cannot get your records in by the deadline,
    • Please submit and upload as much information as you can by the deadline.
    • When we review your information, we will contact you via secure message with further instructions if you have not met the requirements.
  • If you fail to meet the deadline,
    • The University will place a registration HOLD on your account, which will prevent you from registering for SECOND semester classes.
    • Once you have a hold, you will have to email with copies of your vaccination records and/or TB questionnaire for review.
    • Don’t wait until the last minute or you may not get the classes you want and need.

Is a physical required?

A physical exam is NOT required. We do ask you to complete the online health questionnaire and upload a copy of your latest physical exam, if available; because it helps our providers take care of you when you come to the UD Student Health Center for medical care in the future.

What if I have an exemption/medical condition from getting the vaccinations?

Students requesting an MMR exemption must contact the Student Health Center at 937-229-3131, press option 2.

Any student who is granted an exemption from required MMR immunizations could be excluded from campus in the event of an outbreak. The student would be required to sign a release stating their understanding of the risks of non-immunization and hold harmless the University of Dayton and the Ohio Department of Health (including appropriate public health authorities) from any responsibility for adverse consequences of my refusal to be immunized against measles, mumps and rubella, including but not limited to, contracting one or more of these diseases, financial loss and inability to complete course requirements.

I don't want to get the vaccines. Why do I need them?

  • To protect the health and well-being of both individual students and the UD Community.
  • For information on the vaccines, visit CDC Vaccines.
  • Any questions are concerns, please email or call 937-229-3131, press option 2.


Student Health Center

Gosiger Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 0900