Skip to main content

Recovery Resources for Students

In addition to the typical challenges that many students face during the transition to college, such as finding new friends and navigating life without parents present, there many be additional challenges that students in recovery face.

To help students with a history of substance use disorders, the University of Dayton offers support services.

Campus Resources
  • The Center for Alcohol and Other Drugs Resources and Education has licensed chemical dependency counselors on staff that can meet with students and assist them in finding support groups or connecting with treatment providers. To schedule an appointment, call 937-229-1233.
  • The Counseling Center provides a variety of services to support the mental health of all students. To schedule an appointment, call 937-229-3141.
  • The Ryan C. Harris Learning Teaching Center's Office of Learning Resources (OLR) offers academic support to all students so they can make effective decisions about their learning and have a rewarding and inclusive college experience. For more information about services, call 937-229-2066.
Substance Free Programs and Activities
The University of Dayton offers program and activities for students that are substance free, or do not include the use of alcohol and other drugs. 
  • Substance Free Housing
  • Student Organizations
  • Student Events
Support Services

The Center for Alcohol and Other Drugs Resources and Education offers support, consultation services, and brief interventions. While we do not offer residential or outpatient treatment services, we can refer you to community resources that may help you plan your transition or that might assist you in maintaining your recovery while at the University. 

For individuals looking for local treatment providers or support groups, the following resources are available:


Center for Alcohol and Other Drugs Resources and Education

Adele Center
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 2610