Skip to main content

I Need Help

I Think My Relationship Is Unhealthy

We believe you. It's not your fault. You have options.

Tell a friend, family member, a counselor, or someone else you trust about your relationship and that you may need help. Telling someone is important - it can help you begin to process what happened and decide what to do next.  If you are unsure if your relationship is unhealthy, get more information here.  If you are in immediate danger, please call Public Safety at 937-229-2121.

RAINN is a national sexual assault hotline that is free, confidential, and secure. The line is open 24/7 and you can access it online or over the phone. (800) 656-4673.

The National Domestic Violence Hotline is a free, confidential, and secure website that provides aid for people experiencing domestic or relationship violence. The line is open 24/7 and you can access it online or over the phone. (800) 799-7233.

There are a variety of counseling options on campus. Counseling can be very helpful as you continue your healing process.

The UD Counseling Center is a confidential resource with a variety of individual and group programs that help students through the recovery process.  Counseling services are free to undergraduate students, law students, and graduate students with assistantships (IEP students and graduate students without assistantships have a small fee).  Call 937-229-3141 to make an appointment.  If you are having a psychological emergency, believe you may be a danger to yourself, or may be a danger to others, please call Public Safety at 937-229-2121.

Campus Ministry is a free support resource to students.  Ordained ministers provide confidential counsel. Members of Campus Ministry are always available to speak to students and provide counsel. Visit their website for more information.

If you are a member of the UD community and are interested in reporting intimate partner violence, you have options.

Kim Bakota is the Equity Compliance Officer/ Title IX Coordinator and oversees investigations of power based personal violence on behalf of the University.  She can meet with you to discuss your rights and resources so that you feel safe on campus and have the support you need from faculty and staff.  You can report to her by filling out the online form available at, emailing her at to schedule a meeting, or calling Equity Compliance at 937-229-3622 to schedule an appointment.  Learn more about Title IX at UD by visiting our nondiscrimination website.

Christine Schramm is the Dean of Students and Deputy Title IX Coordinator.  You can contact her at 937-229-1212.  Kristen Altenau Keen is the Assistant Dean of Students working with sexual violence prevention, and she is dedicated to helping students after they have experienced power based personal violence. Kristen can help you find the best resources for you, including contacting the Counseling Center, Campus Ministry, Public Safety, or Kim Bakota. Contact her at or 937-229-1217.

Public Safety officers can also take your report to launch a criminal investigation and/or a University investigation.  You can contact them at 937-229-2121 or you can stop by their headquarters at Fitz Hall.


The Brook Center