Skip to main content


Please contact our office should you not find the following resources meet your needs.

General Resources & Forms

Students are assigned a conduct adviser when notified of their University Hearing Board. Conduct  advisers are volunteers who assist students in preparing for their hearing.  Students are not required to utilize a conduct adviser.  If you would like to request a conduct adviser other than the one assigned to you contact the Office of Community Standards & Civility at 937-229-4627.

The Office of Community Standards and Civility reaches out to parents in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).

It is the practice of Community Standards and Civility to reach out to parents in cases where their son or daughter has been placed on University Disciplinary Probation as a response to a violation of the Alcohol or Drug policy.  This contact is permitted by FERPA and is intended as a means to partner with parents.  This outreach comes in the form of a letter that is mailed to the parental address provided in the University's student information system.

Outside of this outreach, the office does not pursue parent contact concerning disciplinary matters.  However, every student who attends a Behavioral Hearing is asked if they would like to have the information released to their parents should their parents inquire.  Parents who would like to discuss their student's record can call the office.  The staff will review the file to ensure the record has been released and will address concerns accordingly.  Regardless of a release the staff can speak in general terms concerning the student conduct system and standard procedures.


Community Standards and Civility

Gosiger Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 0964