- Provost's Office
- About the Provost's Office
- Faculty and Administrative Affairs
- Academic Affairs and Learning Initiatives (AALI)
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Common Academic Program (CAP)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Educational Leadership Council (ELC)
- Stander Symposium
- Undergraduate Fellowship
- Schedule of Events
- Celebration of the Arts
- Student Resources
- Poster Printing
- Past Symposia Archive
- Stander Committees
- UD Speaker Series
The Stander Symposium offers free poster printing to students presenting a poster on the day of the Stander. See details on preparing, formatting, printing, and presenting your poster below.
Instructions for Preparing Your Poster for Printing
Download and use the prepared PowerPoint template, which will help you determine font sizes and image quality control. Consult with your faculty advisor on the content and design of your poster.
Your poster should:
- be only ONE page and horizontal (final printed size will be 48 inches wide by 36 inches high).
- be saved as a PDF and submitted as a PDF.
- NOT include watermarks or color backgrounds (your file should be no larger than 48 MB).
- use high-resolution images for best printing results (300 dpi).
- be reviewed by your faculty advisor BEFORE you print it.
Here are some good examples of a final poster:
Example 1: Chemistry (PDF) >>
Example 2: Biology (PDF) >>
Example 3: Health and Sport Science (PDF) >>
Example 4: Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (PDF) >>
Submitting Your Poster for Printing
Students in the School of Engineering, Department of Art and Design, and the Geology/Biology Departments are encouraged to utilize the large format printers in their areas to alleviate some of the printing demand on the Stander printer. Print your poster early to avoid the last minute rush and to ensure you receive your poster on time.
Review your poster in detail for any errors BEFORE you submit it for printing. Because of the cost of printing supplies, only one poster can be printed per student presenter.
Email the final PDF of your poster to email@example.com. Students must provide the name of the person picking up the poster when submitting their file. Please include the name in the body of the email. Submit your poster by 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, March 28, 2017. No posters will be accepted after this date.
- Printed poster pick-up dates: Monday, April 3 and Tuesday, April 4 -- ONLY -- between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. at the second floor help desk of Roesch Library.
Contact the Stander Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not liable for any damage(s) resulting from or through the act of printing the poster. For archival and assessment purposes the Stander Symposium will keep a copy of the PDF poster files printed.