- Provost's Office
- About the Provost's Office
- Faculty and Administrative Affairs
- Academic Affairs and Learning Initiatives (AALI)
- Common Academic Program (CAP)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Stander Symposium
- Celebration of the Arts
- Schedule of Events
- Presenter Resources
- Poster Printing
- Past Symposia Archive
- Stander Committees
- UD Speaker Series
Poster Construction and Printing
Poster Presentation and Construction
Overall, please remember that poster sessions are POSTERS. Displays should be graphical in nature and easy to read from several feet away. Do not compose your poster using PowerPoint slides printed on 8.5 x 11 sheets.
1. The poster board surfaces are three (3) feet high by four (4) feet wide. A table will be provided for you to place handouts or other supplementary materials on. Pins or thumbtacks for mounting your display are provided. These are the only materials provided to you.
2. A heading should be prepared for your presentation using lettering at least one and one half (1 ½) inches high. Indicate the title of the presentation, the name(s) of the presenter(s), their department, and their faculty advisor(s)/co-advisor(s) on the heading.
3. All lettering should be simple, bold, and easily legible at a distance of (4) feet.
4. Visuals should dominate your presentation. Think in terms of graphic impact. Charts, drawings, photographs, and other illustrations are encouraged.
5. Download and use the prepared PowerPoint template, which will help you determine font sizes and image quality control. Consult with your faculty advisor on the content and design of your poster.
6. Your poster should
- be only ONE page and horizontal (final printed size will be 48 inches wide by 36 inches high).
- be saved as a PDF and submitted as a PDF.
- NOT include watermarks or color backgrounds (your file should be no larger than 48 MB).
- use high-resolution images for best printing results (300 dpi).
- be reviewed by your faculty advisor BEFORE you print it.
Here are some good examples of a final poster:
Example 1: Chemistry (PDF) >>
Example 2: Biology (PDF) >>
Example 3: Health and Sport Science (PDF) >>
Example 4: Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (PDF) >>
Need writing support? Make an appointment with the Write Place to have one of their staff review your poster. To learn more about the Write Place and to schedule an appointment visit:http://ltc.udayton.edu/writeplace/.
Contact the Stander Coordinator at email@example.com.
We are not liable for any damage(s) resulting from or through the act of printing the poster. For archival and assessment purposes the Stander Symposium will keep a copy of the PDF poster files printed.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRINTING YOUR POSTER.
Students in the School of Engineering, Department of Visual Arts, and the Geology/Biology Departments are encouraged to utilize the large format printers in their areas to alleviate some of the printing demand on the Stander printer. Print your poster early to avoid the last minute rush and to ensure you receive your poster on time.
- Review your poster in detail for any errors BEFORE you submit it for printing. Because of the cost of printing supplies, only one poster can be printed per student presenter.
- Email the final PDF of your poster to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students must provide the name of the person picking up the poster when submitting their file. Please include the name in the body of the email. Submit your poster by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 8, 2015. No posters will be accepted after this date.
- Printed poster pick-up dates: Monday, April 13 and Tuesday, April 14 -- ONLY -- between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. at the second floor help desk of Roesch Library.
Dates of Operation & Pick-Up Hours
Submit your poster by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 8, 2015. No posters will be accepted after this date.
Pick up your poster on Monday, April 13 and Tuesday, April 14 -- ONLY -- between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. at the second floor help desk of Roesch Library.
Other printing options near campus include Digital Fringe, Kinko's, and Oregon Printing. Please note you will be responsible for all charges associated with printing your poster at these establishments.