Shaping Our Future: How Should Higher Education Help Us Create the Society We Want?
- Are you concerned abut the rising cost of higher education?
- Is higher education effectively preparing students for the future?
- How do our colleges and universities benefit society as a whole?
This year during the Stander Symposium, students from Political Science 300 Honors: Democracy, Deliberation, and Education, will offer an opportunity for members of the University of Dayton community--students, faculty, and staff--as well as, members of the greater Dayton community, to engage one another in thoughtful deliberation about these questions and others related to higher education's role in our society. The community forum will be an opportunity to share values and ideas and to have an open conversation with people who have different views. Background materials will be provided to those interested in participating. We will also offer two forums to accommodate those with conflicts during the day. Forums at 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. will be held in Roesch Library.
If you have any questions or would like to be involved with the planning of the forums or helping during the day of the forums, please contact Thomas DeCastra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be having two registration deadlines:
1. April 2 - Register before this date and get placed in a drawing for a door prize to win Brown Street gift cards
2. April 12 - Last day to register
To register, click here.