- Ryan C. Harris Learning Teaching Center
- About Us
- Room Reservations
- Contact Us
- Curriculum Innovation & E-Learning
- Professional Development
- Office of Learning Resources
- LTC Newsletter
- Grants and Awards
- Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET)
- Teaching Support
- Technology Support
- The Blend
- Write Place
- A to Z Index
Welcome to the Write Place
Come visit us at our new site in The Knowledge Hub located on the first floor of Roesch Library.
Our drop-in business hours are (no appointment necessary):
Monday-Thursday: 10 am to 8 pm
Friday: 10 am to 2pm
Sunday: 4 pm to 8 pm
The Mission of the Write Place is one of service: writing consultants appreciate the uniqueness of individual learners and work with all students in their efforts to become better writers. Write Place consultants encourage, guide, and support student writers on any writing assignment and at any stage of the writing process.
In order to help students improve their writing, consultants:
- Address global concerns before sentence-level concerns.
- Do not proofread papers.
- Help students understand their writing assignments.
- Engage the student in a conversation about his or her writing.
- Discover the strengths and weaknesses of the student’s writing.
FACULTY SYLLABUS STATEMENT
Below is a short statement you can share with your students about the available services in the Knowledge Hub. You can also click here to access a more detailed statement and a link to a short video that highlights what to expect when working with a writing consultant.
The Knowledge Hub
The Write Place and Roesch Library's reference services have united in the Knowledge Hub on the first floor of Roesch Library. In the Knowledge Hub, all UD students can receive free research and writing assistance on any assignment, at any stage of the writing process. No appointments are necessary (though you're welcome to make one; call 937-229-4270).
Drop-in hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday;
For more information, visit the first floor of Roesch Library. For details about services provided by either the Write Place or Roesch Library, see the Get Help page: https://www.udayton.edu/
HELPING FIND THE WRITER IN YOU!
The Write Place exists to enhance writing competency across the curriculum for all students. We strive to create a comfortable, collaborative environment in which learning can flourish.
Staffed by exceptionally talented students from a variety of disciplines, the Write Place can assist with a wide range of writing challenges such as:
- First-year student’s English 100 assignments
- International student’s mastery of English idioms
- Upper-level student’s research papers
- Student’s applications to graduate schools
- Stop by and see what we can do to help you become a stronger writer!
LTC Write Place Coordinator
LTC Office of Learning Resources
Dr. Beth Harrison