- Ryan C. Harris Learning Teaching Center
- About Us
- Room Reservations
- Contact Us
- Curriculum Innovation & E-Learning
- Professional Development
- Office of Learning Resources
- Writing, Research and New Media
- LTC Newsletter
- Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET)
- Write Place
- A to Z Index
Welcome to the Write Place
Come visit us at our new site in The Knowledge Hub located on the first floor of Roesch Library.
We will open for the Spring Term on Tuesday, January 20, 2015. Our business hours are:
Monday-Thursday: 10 am to 8 pm
Friday: 10 am to 2pm
Sunday: 4 pm to 8 pm
The Mission of the Write Place is one of service: writing consultants appreciate the uniqueness of individual learners and work with all students in their efforts to become better writers. Write Place consultants encourage, guide, and support student writers on any writing assignment and at any stage of the writing process.
In order to help students improve their writing, consultants:
- Address global concerns before sentence-level concerns.
- Do not proofread papers.
- Help students understand their writing assignments.
- Engage the student in a conversation about his or her writing.
- Discover the strengths and weaknesses of the student’s writing.
HELPING FIND THE WRITER IN YOU!
The Write Place exists to enhance writing competency across the curriculum for all students. We strive to create a comfortable, collaborative environment in which learning can flourish.
Staffed by exceptionally talented students from a variety of disciplines, the Write Place can assist with a wide range of writing challenges such as:
- First-year student’s English 100 assignments
- International student’s mastery of English idioms
- Upper-level student’s research papers
- Student’s applications to graduate schools
- Stop by and see what we can do to help you become a stronger writer!
LTC Write Place Coordinator
LTC Office of Writing, Research and New Media Director
Dr. Steve Wilhoit