Skip to main content

Withdrawal and Leave of Absence



Students who wish to voluntarily withdraw from the School of law should first schedule an appointment with the associate dean for academic affairs to explore the issues involved and other possible solutions. A student seeking to withdraw should submit a written request/explanation to the associate dean for academic affairs. The withdrawal will not be processed without the student’s written request.

Leave of Absence

Occasionally, circumstances arise that make it necessary for a student to request a leave from his or her legal studies for a semester or a year. In such cases, the student should follow the same procedure as that for requesting to withdraw. The student’s written request for a leave must be submitted by the student and approved by the associate dean for academic affairs. A student who takes a leave of absence should also be aware that the Juris Doctor degree must be awarded within seven years of the student’s initial matriculation.

More Information

Office of the Registrar - Law

Associate Dean for Academic Affairs


School of Law

Keller Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 2760