Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

About the Programs

You can start Government Contracting or Program Management in either August, January or May. For specific start dates, view the Academic Calendars page.

Students may take more than one class per term and finish in as little as 12 months or with one class per term, three terms per year, the program can take three years.

These programs are designed with working professionals in mind by offering evening classes and providing instruction from top experts. Students completing Government Contracting or Program Management earn a Master in the Study of Law degree. Those in Government Contracting also earn a Government Contracting and Procurement Specialist Certificate.

Demand is very high for these positions, but there is no guarantee.

Application, Admissions & Financial Aid

Please visit our application page to sign up for Government Contracting or Program Management.

Applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants must complete our simple online application form, which includes submitting contact information for two references and completing a brief personal statement describing why you are interested in Government Contracting or Program Management. We also require official transcripts to be sent to us directly from all colleges or universities attended.

Both programs are online, so you can attend from wherever you live.

The University of Dayton is a proud participant of the Yellow Ribbon Program and has received the Collegiate Purple Star designation. To learn more about the opportunities offered, please visit our Military and Veteran Programs and Services page.

The tuition is $1,352 per credit hour plus $25 each semester for university fees. Candidates must complete all 30 credit hours of coursework to graduate, although you can receive up to 7 hours of advanced standing credit. The total tuition cost for 30 credit hours is $40,560 and the total for 23 credit hours is $31,096.

Several financial aid options are available for those who qualify. If you are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen and would like to take out Federal student loans to cover costs, you will first need to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and have the results sent to the University of Dayton—our school code is 003127. Valid FAFSAs will then allow us to create a financial aid award offer.

If your tuition is being funded through the Air Force or another agency, you will need to select your course from the AI Portal and have it approved by your supervisor, who will then notify UD’s Office of Student Accounts. Funds will be sent directly to us.

If you will receive funding from your employer or organization based on course completion and/or grades, and you would like to defer payments, your employer will need to submit a letter of sponsorship to us. You may then sign up for our Deferment Plan for UD's Employer Reimbursement.

Please visit our Financial Aid page for more information.

Courses & Schedule

To see what classes are being offered for Government Contracting or Program Management, view this easy-to-read chart or check out the Course Schedules and Booklists page.

Request Information Form

Please fill out the form below if you are interested in more information about the Government Contracting or Program Management programs.

Government Contracting and Procurement Program


Phone: (937) 229-1501


Government Contracting and Procurement

Keller Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 2772