Skip to main content

On-Campus Employment

On-Campus Employment

F-1 students are eligible to work on-campus while attending classes. The work does not need to be related to your field of study.

The University of Dayton only allows degree seeking students to work on campus. Some exchange students and Intensive English Program students may not be eligible to apply for on campus jobs. Contact the Office of Student Employment.

Additional requirements:

  • You must be enrolled in a full course of study during academic year (and otherwise maintaining status) to be eligible to work on campus
  • You may work up to 20-hours per week on-campus when school is in session
  • You may work up to 35 hours per week during Winter, Spring, and Summer breaks.  If you are enrolled full time during Summer semester, you may only work up to 20 hours per week during the term(s) in which you are enrolled.
  • You may not engage in on-campus employment after completing degree requirements


  1. Search for jobs on Handshake.
  2. After receiving a job offer, submit the ISSS request form. This form will give ISSS the information we need to create the Social Security letter.  We will email you further instructions when the letter is ready to be picked up from our office.
  3. Bring the form to your employer to sign.  This must be an original (not-electronic) signature. 
  4. Once the form is complete, you can follow the instructions issued by ISSS to apply at the Social Security Office downtown.
  5. You are eligible to begin working after you submit a receipt or letter confirming your social security number application to Student Employment.

U.S. Taxes

When you get an on-campus job, you will be required to pay and report taxes on your earnings. You may qualify for some exemptions if you are a citizen of a country which has a tax treaty with the United States. 


International Student and Scholar Services

Rike Center
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469