Skip to main content



While F-1 students are permitted to work with the proper authorizations, F-2 dependents are not permitted to work under any circumstance.

If on-campus employment is unavailable and you are facing financial hardship you may be eligible to apply for economic hardship through USCIS.  Eligibility could include a loss of financial aid, sudden changes in the financial situation in the home country, unexpected and substantial medical bills, and similar cases.  To apply, the first step is to meet with an ISSS advisor to evaluate your eligibility for economic hardship.  Contact to schedule and appointment.

Whether or not you decide to apply for Economic Hardship, you may also access additional resources such as:

Food Assistance

The Dayton Foodbank

Phone: 937-461-0265 extension 31 | Location: 56 Armor Place, Dayton OH 45417

Drive-thru food pickup is open to the public, located at the address above.  Visit their facebook page for the most current schedule. 

St. Vincent De Paul

Phone: 937-425-0592 | Location: 945 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd Dayton, OH 45417

Financial Aid                                                                     

The university does not recommend private loan services; however, we recognize that additional financial assistance may be needed during this time.  Please don't hesitate to contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have questions about educational loans that are available to finance your education. 

Fast Choice is a tool to compare lenders and can assist with finding the best loan to meet your needs.  The lenders listed have often been used by students in recent years.  Review the information provided by the lender carefully and contact them directly with questions related to a loan program's specific terms and conditions and how to apply. 

Prodigy Financial has partnered with STILT to offer smaller, personal loans to be used for emergency expenses. Click the links below to learn about the different employment options for F-1 students 


International Student and Scholar Services

Rike Center
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469