- Events Calendar
- Academic Programs
- Breaking Bread
- Buddy Program
- Citizens of the World
- Festivals & Receptions
- Global Learning Living Community
- International Friendship Families
- IEP Programming
- International Education Week
- Creating an Inclusive Community
- Faculty & Staff
- University of Dayton English Language Institute (UDEL)
Be a Buddy.
The Buddy Program pairs current American students with incoming international students through e-mail. Our goal is to pair every new international student with a University of Dayton "buddy." These pairings then communicate through e-mail prior to the new students' arrivals on campus. For our international students, it's a real treat to have someone to talk to before they arrive. Many international students use this opportunity to practice their English, ask questions about the University and the city of Dayton, and get to know American students. For American students, this is an opportunity to communicate with international students before they arrive to the University of Dayton and serve a cultural ambassador.
To assist with the buddy program, we ask you the following:
- Connect with your buddy during the winter break: Email your International Buddy during the winter to introduce yourself.
- Campus Tour: Give your buddy a brief campus tour when he/she arrives.
- Groceries: Many students will need to purchase personal items and food within their first few weeks in the U.S.. If possible, invite your buddy to go with you to Meijers, Kroger's, Target, etc.
- Books: Show your buddy where the bookstore is located and help him/her learn about buying textbooks in the U.S.
- Welcome Party: Attend the international students’ welcome party with your buddy.
- Meet once a week during the first month of arrival
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.