Presidential Staff Achievement Award
Each year, the University recognizes the outstanding contribution of individual staff members through the Presidential Staff Achievement Award. This award may be given in recognition of an extraordinary recent effort by individuals or for their excellence in performance sustained over a number of years.
The Presidential Staff Achievement Award is intended to honor staff for excellent performance, similar to the faculty teaching and scholarship awards that are presented by the provost each year. In the inaugural year of the award, Mary Eilbeck, Associate Director, Resident Dining and Central Production; and Susan Terbay, Administrative Secretary for the Center for Social Concern, received the award.
Eligibility and Nomination Process
Any current staff members (exempt or nonexempt) may be nominated as long as they have been at the University for at least one year at the time of nomination. The committee will select at least one recipient in each employment category (exempt and nonexempt). Prior winners may not be nominated more than once every five (5) years. The recipients must be in “good standing" within their departments.
- The nominator, a member of the UD community (faculty, staff or student), will complete the nomination form.
- On the nomination form, the nominator will explain his or her endorsement of the nominee by describing the nominee's specific contribution in light of one of the competencies found in the Strategic/Results Dimension included in the Critical Leadership Competencies of a Catholic and Marianist University.
- The nominator will also cite one of the competencies that characterizes the nominee as found in the Personal Character or People/Interpersonal Dimensions, and give examples. He or she will further explain how the nominee’s actions go above and beyond the expectations of his or her job responsibilities. The total word count for the essay section of the nomination form should not exceed 500 words.
- The nominator will also identify up to five (5) campus community members who will write additional letters of support for the nominee based on the specific achievement cited on the nomination form. The word count for the letters of support should not exceed 500 words.
- Nomination forms and letters of support should be submitted online (go.udayton.edu/staffaward) or mailed to the Presidential Staff Achievement Award committee, +1614.
- Questions regarding the nomination process should be directed to Celine O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 229-4895.
This staff award is given in recognition of a recent, exceptional accomplishment (a specific achievement) or for excellent sustained performance.
The president will review the recommendations of the award committee and make final selections.
The awards will be presented by the president at the spring staff meeting.