Skip to main content

Undergraduate Student Resources

Undergraduate student resources, Department of Health & Sport Science


  • Student Advising Sheet (doc): Complete this form before attending an advising appointment for scheduling courses (this allows for a more productive meeting with your adviser).
  • Transfer Credit Form (pdf): For students who want to take courses not offered by the University of Dayton. To ensure credits will transfer back to UD, this form must be completed before you enroll in the class(es).
  • Undergraduate grade appeal policy & form (pdf): For undergraduate students who want to appeal a grade they received in any course taught through the School of Education and Health Sciences.

Resources (on- and off-campus)

  • Application sites: Many health professions use central application systems in the application process. The sites listed below provide a wealth of information on the application process, schools, and the profession. Students should begin exploring these sites in advance of their planned application (typically in the summer/fall prior to the 4th year) for matriculation upon graduation from UD (Physical Therapy: PTCAS, Physician Assistant: CASPA, Occupational Therapy: OTCAS, Medical School (MD): AMCAS, Medical School (DO): AACOMAS)
  • Standardized tests: Many graduate programs and health professional schools require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Medical Schools require the MCAT. Other specific entrance exams may be required by other professional schools. Students should discuss the appropriate timing of taking these tests, but often they are completed the summer/early fall between the 3rd and 4th years.
  • Career information: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook provides valuable information when deciding career paths and looking at employment opportunities/requirements.

Department of Health and Sport Science

Fitz Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 2968