Financial Strategies for Successful Retirement
Financial Strategies for Successful Retirement teaches you how to better manage your money so you can enjoy your retirement. You’ll learn to assess your current financial situation and develop a personalized plan to reach your retirement goals. After attending the course, you’re entitled to a personal retirement planning consultation.
The major topics we’ll cover in this comprehensive class include financial basics, retirement income, investments, risk management and estate planning.
Our class will also give you strategies to answer:
- How much money will I need?
- Can I retire early?
- How can I minimize my taxes?
- How will I manage my plan?
- How important is it to plan my estate?
Our instructors, from the Cornell/Nicholson team at UBS Financial Services, member of FINRA and SIPC, draw upon real-life experiences with numerous clients and are licensed in the areas of investment securities and insurance.
FALL 2015 Seminars
- Tuesdays, September 15, 22, 29, October 6
- Thursdays, September 17, 24, October 1, 8
- Tuesdays, October 20, 27, November 3, 10
- Thursdays, October 22, 29, November 5, 12
All class times are 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Financial Basics• Retirement income: perception and reality
• Nine reasons people fail financially in retirement
• Using credit wisely
• Making your money last
Your Retirement Income• Sources of retirement income
• Social Security and you
• The value of tax-deferred contributions
• Personal retirement plans
• Traditional IRAs
• Roth IRAs
• Taking money out of employer retirement plans
Investments• Emergency reserves
• Mutual funds
• Tax-deferred annuities
• Asset allocation
Risk Management• Ways to manage risk
• Health insurance and Medicare
• Long-term care
• Company benefits
• Types of life insurance
Estate Planning• Importance of estate planning
• Distributing assets at your death
• Joint ownership
• Taxes and your estate
Download the brochure with registration form