Skip to main content

International Students

Dotting the i's. Crossing the t's.

Immigration regulations do permit international students in F or J status to work on campus. Once offered a position on campus, international students will receive an email from Student Employment detailing the next steps in the process. 

Forms for All Student Employees:
  • Federal I-9 Form: Required to confirm employment eligibility. This process must be completed on or before the first day of work. You will be required to bring proof of your eligibility to work in the United States to the Student Employment office and complete the I-9 Form. The list of acceptable documents can be found on the USCIS websiteOriginal documents are required by Federal Law.
  • Federal Tax Withholding Form: W-4: Earnings are subject to federal taxes. Once hired, you can update your W-4 form through Porches.
  • State of Ohio Tax Withholding Form: IT-4: As a student employee within the State of Ohio, your earnings are subject to state taxation. If your permanent residence is located in Indiana, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Kentucky, or West Virginia, you may elect to claim exemption from Ohio taxes.
  • Direct Deposit Form: You will need to provide your bank's routing and transit number plus your account number. 
  • Emergency Contact Form: At least one emergency contact is requested.

Student Employment

Alumni House
208 L Street
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 2711