See UD's plans to return to teaching, learning, research and experiential learning on campus this fall with measures in place to promote safety and lessen the risk of COVID-19 spread.

Skip to main content

Hanley Sustainability Fund

Purpose & Mission

The Hanley Sustainability Fund is a student-run equity portfolio that seeks to outperform the S&P 500 Index through socially responsible investing in companies that embrace an environmentally conscious and fossil fuel reduction business model. In accordance with the vision of our donor, George Hanley, the mission of the Fund is to emphasize continued education, professional development, and the fostering of financial and business skills not taught in core curriculum to contribute to the success of green investments yielding high returns.

2018-2019 HSF Team

HSF Team

Portfolio Structure

HSF maintains two separate branches of its portfolio:  a discretionary branch and a nondiscretionary branch. The discretionary branch makes investment decisions through traditional stock research utilizing fundamental analysis and stock pitches. The nondiscretionary branch makes investment decisions based on a student-built investment algorithm. This model is followed absolutely, meaning that any decisions made by the model are always followed. The discretionary branch composes 75% of HSF's total AUM while the nondiscretionary branch consists of the remaining 25% of AUM.


School of Business Administration

Miriam Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 2226
School of Business Administration