Skip to main content

Transfer Admission

Transfer Credits and Evaluation

The University of Dayton values your prior experience and knowledge. You can earn — or transfer — credit to UD in a variety of ways.

Ways To Earn Transfer Credit

Have you taken AP, CLEP or IB exams? You can receive college-level course credit for knowledge achieved through these programs.

Explore Credit By Exam

The University of Dayton accepts courses from institutions that are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Middle States, New England, Northwest, Southern, and Western Associations of Colleges and Schools.

The University of Dayton also accepts courses from international institutions that are formally recognized by their country's ministry of education or its equivalent. 

Did you participate in College Credit Plus (CCP) or high school dual enrollment program while in high school? Whether you took the course in high school or on a college campus, your coursework likely appears on a college transcript. Your high school counselor can tell you which college/university you were taking a course from. Don't forget to request your transcript directly from that college/university. If you have been enrolled in courses at multiple schools, an official transcript will be needed from each school.

Our School of Engineering values Project Lead the Way, and participants may be eligible for college credit.

Explore PLTW Credit Information

Your military training, experience and coursework are highly valued at the University of Dayton. UD accepts credit from all branches of the United States Armed Forces.

Request Transcripts for Military Credit

Request a Preliminary Credit Evaluation

Wondering how your credits will transfer? You can request a free, preliminary credit evaluation. We will contact you with your result within one week.

To begin, simply complete the preliminary credit evaluation form, or send your college transcript(s) and a letter requesting this evaluation to:

Office of Recruitment and Admission
University of Dayton
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-1602

When submitting your request by mail, make sure to include:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Intended major
  • A list of all of the colleges/universities you attended, as well as any other credits like AP, CLEP, IB and military credit (Joint Services Transcript).


  • If you attended multiple institutions, unofficial copies from all institutions are needed for a complete preliminary evaluation.
  • Don't forget to send in your AP, CLEP, and/or IB scores, as well as your Joint Services Transcript (JST) if applicable.
  • Have your transcript translated into English if it is written in another language.
  • Submit your credit evaluation request prior to applying to UD.


When considering how your credits will transfer, it's important to know the distinction between transferability and applicability of credits.

  • Transferability means that the credit hours from your past colleges/universities will be posted to your UD record. You will receive transfer credit for college-level courses in which you've earned a C- or higher. Developmental courses will not transfer to UD.
  • Applicability means that transfer credit posted to your UD record will apply toward your degree requirements at UD. The applicability of credit will depend on the course equivalencies previously established and the evaluations by your academic adviser. Your credits may transfer, but they may not always apply to your degree requirements.


Office of Recruitment and Admission

Albert Emanuel Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 1602

Transfer Team

Our Transfer Team is here to help you in every step of the transfer process.

Meet Our Team