Skip to main content

Renewing Your Aid for Graduate Students

Graduate students are required to submit the FAFSA annually in order to borrow under the federal direct loan program. Eligibility may vary from year to year based on changes in family income or assets, family size, number of dependents in college and funding levels.


Satisfactory Academic Progress

The Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, as amended, requires institutions that receive and disburse Federal Title IV aid to develop and enforce, annually, their standards of satisfactory academic progress (SAP). These requirements encourage students to successfully complete courses for which financial aid is received and to progress satisfactorily toward degree completion.

The Office of Financial Aid will review your progress in May of each year to verify your eligibility for aid for the next academic year. We recommend you review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Guidelines (.pdf) for graduate students. The University of Dayton uses these standards for the renewal of other University and state funds.  

It is our institutional policy to also not certify a private educational loan if the student is not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards. The University of Dayton is committed to helping students and families make responsible financing decisions. If you did not meet the standards outlined in the Satisfactory Academic Progress document, the University encourages you to complete a Financial Aid Appeal.


Flyer Student Services

St. Mary's Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 1600