Skip to main content


Financial Aid for Undocumented or DACA Students

The university is committed to supporting undocumented or DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) students with financial aid. Below are some common questions related to eligibility.

If an undocumented or DACA student is admitted to the university, and files the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), you will be considered for university aid. Per federal regulations, students who are undocumented or DACA recipients are not eligible for federal student aid. 

Yes, a Social Security Number is required to apply for a username and password (called the FSA ID) to electronically sign the FAFSA. If you are not eligible for a Social Security Number, you will be unable to complete the FAFSA. In these instances, you can schedule an appointment with the Director of Financial Aid to discuss your options for financial aid. 

No, your parent/s’ citizenship status does not affect your eligibility for federal student aid. In fact, the FAFSA doesn’t even ask about your parent/s’ status. 

No, since your parent/s' citizenship does not affect your ability to complete the FAFSA, they do not need a Social Security number. If your parent/s do not have a Social Security number, you must enter 000-00-0000 when the FAFSA asks for your parent/s' Social Security number. You must then print out the signature page from the online FAFSA so that your parent/s can sign and return it.


Flyer Student Services

St. Mary's Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 1600