Skip to main content

UD Sinclair Academy Transfer Credits

UD Sinclair Academy Transfer Credits

As a potential UD Sinclair Academy student, it's important to know the distinction between transferability and applicability of credits.

Transferability means that the credit hours from your past colleges/universities will be posted to your UD record. You will receive transfer credit for college-level courses in which you've earned a C- or higher. Developmental courses will not transfer to UD.

Applicability means that transfer credit posted to your UD record will apply toward your degree requirements at UD. The applicability of credit will depend on the course equivalencies previously established and the evaluations by your academic adviser. Your credits may transfer, but they may not always apply to your degree requirements.

The University of Dayton accepts courses from regionally accredited institutions. Other prior learning (e.g., military training, experience and coursework; external credit-by-exams like AP, CLEP, and IB; career-technical programs like Project Lead the Way) may be granted college credit as well. Regional accrediting agencies are the Higher Learning Commission, Middle States, New England, Northwest, Southern, and Western Associations of Colleges and Schools.

The University of Dayton also accepts courses from international institutions that are formally recognized by their country's ministry of education or its equivalent. 

Did you participate in College Credit Plus (CCP) or high school dual enrollment program while in high school? Whether you took a course in high school or on a college campus, it's likely a college transcript is waiting for you. Your high school counselor can tell you which college/university you were taking a course from. Don't forget to request your transcript directly from that college/university. If you have been enrolled in courses at multiple schools, an official transcript will be needed from each school.

Unofficial/Preliminary Credit Evaluation Service

To see how your credit will apply toward your degree, request a preliminary credit evaluation for your undergraduate/bachelor's degree.

We encourage you to request an unofficial/preliminary evaluation of your college credits prior to applying to UD.

Office of Admission and Financial Aid (Undergraduate)
University of Dayton
300 College Park
Dayton, OH 45469-1602

Please have your transcript translated into English if it is written in another language.

When submitting your request by mail, make sure to include:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Intended major
  • A list of all of the colleges/universities you attended, as well as any other credits like AP, CLEP, IB and military credit (Joint Services Transcript).

Note: If you attended multiple institutions, unofficial copies from ALL institutions are needed for a complete preliminary evaluation.  Please don't forget to send in your AP, CLEP, and/or IB scores, as well as your Joint Services Transcript (JST) if applicable.

We will contact you with your result within one week.