What is AlcoholEdu?
AlcoholEdu is an on-line course which all incoming University of Dayton First-Year Students are required to complete. Whether students drink alcohol or not, the course will educate them on the topic of drinking and its effects on themselves and others. There are two parts to this course and you must do both parts to be considered complete. It may take up to 2-3 hours to do Part 1. However, Part 2 only takes 15 minutes. Students must complete parts 1 and 2, and pass the exam with an 80% or better, to receive credit.
Why are students required to take the course?
AlcoholEdu is one aspect of a strategic plan to prevent high-risk drinking, educate students on the effects that alcohol has on the body, and provide resources for students with alcohol problems. The surveys contained in AlcoholEdu also help us track changes in students’ beliefs and behaviors surrounding alcohol. Therefore, we can intentionally provide the necessary interventions and policies in our effort to prevent high-risk drinking on campus.
How do I login?
To take AlcoholEdu, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. Read the directions below carefully; if you do not follow the steps correctly, you may not receive information about completing Part 2 of AlcoholEdu. This course is only for First-Year Students! Anyone else wishing to take the course, click here. The login for the Parent's Course is P202480PARENT.
**Chrome may not work for AlcoholEdu. Please use a different browser.**
• Go to http://college.alcoholedu.com/
• In the “New User” box, enter C202480A
• On the registration page, enter the information requested.
For email address, you must enter your University of Dayton email address. For Student ID, enter your student ID number.
You do not have to complete Phase 1 in one sitting. However, make sure you click the “NEXT” button at the end of a section to save your work. If you do not click the “NEXT” button, you will have to repeat the section you just completed.
Please call 866-384-9062 or visit http://smartipantz.perceptis.com/outsidetheclassroom/content/default.aspx
You may also call Community Wellness Services M-F 8:30-4:30 at 937.229.1233.
We require every new incoming University of Dayton student to take AlcoholEdu for College.
- You may access the course beginning July 19, 2012.
- You will need to complete Part 1 (approximately 2-3 hours) by Friday August 10, 2012. (If you miss the deadline, please call Community Wellness Services at 937/229-1233 to meet with the Assistant Dean of Students & Director of Community Wellness Services.)
- After completing Part 1, approximately 45 days later, you will receive an automated email asking you to complete the course. At this time, you will need to log in again to complete Part 2, which takes approximately 15 minutes. Part 2 is due on Monday October 15, 2012.
- NOTE: Only after you’ve finished Part 1 and have a passing grade of 80% or better and finished Part 2, have you completed the program.
Are there penalties for not completing this mandatory course?
Yes. Failure to complete all sections of the AlcoholEdu course, with a passing grade, will adversely affect a student’s housing for next academic year!
Who will see my answers?
All survey responses are strictly confidential. The University of Dayton will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will NEVER see any individual student’s answers.