An acceptable RCSG proposal must conform to the following format requirements:
- The Request for Research Council Seed Grants must be completed and signed by the investigator, chairperson/program director, and dean.
- An abstract of the proposal (maximum of one page).
- A narrative proposal of no more than eight (8) pages, single spaced, 12 pt.
- If requesting Grant-in-Aid, a budget indicating how the funds will be used.
- An academic resume of no more than two pages.
- A copy of the final report that you submitted on September 30, if a grant was awarded in the previous year.
Failure to include the items as described above will result in the proposal being disqualified.
Individuals applying for multiple seed grants (summer fellowship, grant-in-aid) should submit them as one combined proposal. It is important that the proposals submitted follow the appropriate guidelines. The proposal may be evaluated by Research Council members outside the investigator’s immediate discipline therefore, it must be written clearly so as to be understandable by all members of the review subcommittee.
Proposals that involve human and/or animal subjects will require additional review by the IRB or the IACUC. The investigator must file the appropriate forms detailing the use of human subjects and/or animals subsequent to submitting the proposal for a Research Council Seed Grant and prior to receiving funding for the project.
Proposals must be submitted both by hard copy (one copy with signatures) to the Office for Research, Zip 0102, and electronically in PDF format. Email electronic copy to email@example.com.
The deadline for applying for the Research Council Seed Grants is Wednesday, October 16, 2013. Proposals received after this date will not be considered.
(Right click and use "Save Target As" and save to your hard drive)
Please contact the Office for Research if you have any questions about the application process or guidelines. You can contact the Office for Research at (937) 229-3515 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.