Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Service Pledge
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, "Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'"
Join UD faculty, staff, and students in pledging to complete at least 4 hours of community service during spring semester in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Others around the nation will also be serving their neighbors and communities during the annual MLK Day of Service, which is part of United We Serve, the President's national call to service initiative. It calls for Americans from all walks of life to work together to provide solutions to our most pressing national problems. To take the Pledge of community service, please fill out the information in this pledge form. After filling out this form, you will receive a printed pledge card in the mail for you to display or to act as a reminder. At the end of the semester, you will receive another link to let us know about what you did and how many hours you served in our community.
Need ideas for how to help in our Dayton community? Check out the following...
- Get involved in one of UD's Service Clubs
- Join us for a SERVICE Saturday
- Go on a Spring BreakOut trip
- Find a service placement through United Way of the Greater Dayton Area
- Check out the needs of our community partners in the Dayton area
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a google document detailing the latest community service needs in Dayton.
Thanks for taking the MLK Community Service Pledge and thanks for your involvement in making our community even better!