Martin Luther King Day Events: From the March to the Movement
Join us as we remember and celebrate the life, the dream, and the actions for justice of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The Center for Social Concern has partnered with the Office of Multicultural Affairs to get the campus involved in the march and rally, the community service pledge, and series of other events January 15-23.
Martin Luther King Day March and Rally
Join students, faculty and staff for the MLK Day march and rally on January 21, 2013. We will begin the day at 8:30am in the Office of Multicultural Affairs in Gosiger Hall. Breakfast will be provided. We will leave campus at 9am to join with the city of Dayton for a march from the Third Street Peace Bridge to the Rally, Inauguration and City Celebration at the Dayton Convention Center.
Other Martin Luther King Events
- Happy Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.! on Tuesday, January 15 from 11am-1pm in KU 2nd floor and Torch Lounge
- Historical/Informational MLK Faculty Panel on Wednesday, January 16 from 11am-1pm in KU Torch Lounge
- King's Dream, Chaminade's Vision and Your Future on Thursday, January 17 from 11am-1pm in KU Torch Lounge
- "Citizen King" A Documentary on Friday, January 18 from 11am-1pm in KU Torch Lounge
- Spike Lee's film: "4 Little Girls" on Friday, January 18 at 8pm in ArtStreet
- Bro. Ray Fitz, SM (The Ferree Professor of Social Justice and former President of the University of Dayton) will be the keynote speaker at a breakfast on Tuesday, January 22 from 7-9am.
- "From the March to the Movement" on Tuesday, January 22 from 12:00-2:00pm in Science Center RM 114
- Diversity Speaker Series presents Eboo Patel on Tuesday, January 22 at 7:00pm in the RecPlex
- "Now What?" A Final Celebration of movement featuring NPHC, student organizations and more, 10:30am-2:00pm, Science Center RM 114