Terms for Use of Faculty Carrels
- No furniture may be moved into or out of the carrel without the approval of the Library Operations Coordinator.
- There is a $100.00 charge for replacement of a lost key and the key holder will be asked to verify the loss with Public Safety.
- Carrels are for research and study only. If a carrel appears to be used for storage or as an office rather than as a place to do writing and research, the matter will be referred to the Associate Dean for review and further action as needed.
- Eating and drinking are permitted in accordance with general Library policies.
- Electrical appliances are not permitted, with the exception of computers and peripherals.
- Carrels are inspected before being assigned and the person to whom a carrel is assigned will be responsible for any damage to the carrel.
- Carrels are periodically inspected for maintenance needs and library materials which are not properly checked out. Please check out all library materials prior to placing them in your carrel. Library materials that are not properly checked out will be returned to the shelves.
- The Libraries are not responsible for personal property left in carrels.
- Carrel users are responsible for observing all University and Libraries policies and regulations and the library administration reserves the right to revoke carrel assignments at its discretion without the return of the fee.