Explore Our School of Law

Spend a few minutes learning about the great opportunities at Dayton Law. Then visit Keller Hall to see it in person.

LL.M. & M.S.L. Programs in Intellectual Property & Technology Law

Can you imagine yourself arguing copyright issues raised by museum photographs of an artistic image in the public domain? Researching how antitrust law can limit the exercise of patent rights post issuance? Or preparing your company for the global repercussions of the pending case in the U.S. Supreme Court that could become a milestone in U.S. patent law?

Our graduate degree programs in Intellectual Property and Technology Law, a Master of Laws (LL.M.) and a Master in the Study of Law (M.S.L.), focus on the application of law and public policy in regards to creativity, invention and innovation.

Each program offers instruction in all aspects of intellectual property law, computer-related and cyberspace law, and entertainment and mass communication law. The courses are rigorous, challenging and reflect contemporary legal issues that affect the law as technology is rapidly integrated into our society.

Degrees offered to both lawyers and non-lawyers

Graduate degrees in Intellectual Property and Technology Law are offered to both lawyers and non-lawyers from the United States and abroad. 

  • Students with a J.D. degree from an accredited U.S. law school may earn an LL.M. degree by completing 24 credits of course work, often in less than nine months of study.
  • LL.M. degrees are available for international students who have already earned a first degree in law from a foreign university upon the completion of 30 credits of course work.
  • U.S. and international students who do not have a law degree may earn a Master's Degree in the Study of Law, an M.S.L. degree, by completing 30 credits of course work on a full-time or part-time basis.

Back to top from Degrees offered to both lawyers and non-lawyers

Apply to the Graduate Programs

Learn more about application requirements and how to apply to the LL.M. or M.S.L. degree programs, click here.

Back to top from Apply to the Graduate Programs