Global Learning Living Community
As a U.S. or international undergraduate student, you can choose to live in the Global Learning Living Community, an international learning environment on the University of Dayton campus. Located in the new Caldwell Apartments, you'll participate in international dinners, panel discussions with faculty members, and off-campus excursions as you engage with students from around the world.
As a member of the GLLC, you are a leader in bringing global education to the University community. Join a global conversation with others who share a common passion for international awareness in their own lives.
About the 2014-2015 GLLC
The Global Learning Living Community is a unique community which brings together U.S. and international students to live and learn from one another’s unique perspectives. Members of the GLLC are student leaders on campus for global education. Students live together at 225 Stonemill, part of Caldwell Apartments, in an environment which supports and nurtures students’ international and intercultural interests.
The GLLC seeks to:
- develop intercultural competence and sensitivity among residents;
- educate residents for global citizenship; and
- help residents develop relationships with friends from different cultural backgrounds.
Interested students are encouraged to email questions to email@example.com.
Members of the GLLC agree to:
- Serve as a student leader for internationalization and intercultural dialogue on campus. This may be done by leading programming in the GLLC and/or leadership in other intercultural opportunities on campus.
- Attend the fall off-campus retreat in September, and another off-campus retreat in late January/early February.
- Actively participate in GLLC programming and events, attending at least two programs each semester (in addition to orientation and welcome day).
This housing opportunity is open to:
- U.S. and international sophomores*, juniors and seniors;
- conditionally admitted undergraduates and IEP only, ages 20-25; and
- exchange and visiting international students, ages 20-25.
Students may apply as a single individual or as a group of two or four students. Sophomores, juniors and seniors may apply for the GLLC. (Caldwell Street Apartments is for juniors and seniors only, with the exception of sophomores living in the GLLC for the 2014-2015 academic year.) All members must be and remain in good university academic and disciplinary standing.
Students studying abroad in the first semester who are interested in living in the GLLC for the second semester may be put on a waiting list for the second semester by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests must be in writing.
The GLLC application is currently closed. If you are interested in the GLLC, contact email@example.com.