INNOVATION CENTER ADVISORY COUNCIL STRATEGIC PLAN
In January 2008, the Innovation Center formed a committee to structure courses, programs and relationships to lead to the development of outstanding graduates, superior new products and game-changing technologies in the Innovation Center.
We implemented this strategic plan through a ground-breaking partnership with the School of Business Administration with support from the School of Law and the College of Arts and Sciences. The Schools of engineering and business cooperate closely in the areas of curriculum, projects, research and business plans. The School of Law and College of Arts and Sciences are asked for their advice, counsel and participation in all matters where their expertise can make a substanstial contribution.
To be the premier Innovation Center associated with both undergraduate and graduate programs in higher education.
"That's one thing we preach from day one: not just save money or make money but to satisfy a need. You are making a better life for someone. That's kind of what this place is about, the Marianist philosophy." —Phil Doepker, Innovation Center Faculty
Educate and develop world-class leaders who create new products:
- while working effectively at disciplinary intersections
- in the Catholic, Marianist tradition
- that meet the needs of the business community
- in a culture of engineering innovation and entrepreneurship
Strategic Priority Issues/Value Statements
- Goal 1: Curriculum - Foster and market innovation and entrepreneurship as a hallmark of engineering education at the University of Dayton.
- Goal 2: Contemporary Issues in Education - Focus on contemporary issues related to innovation to be the focus for or included with selected design projects.
- Goal 3: Internal Collaboration - Establish a collaborative atmosphere between engineering departments, the School of Business Administration, the School of Law, the College of Arts and Sciences and the University of Dayton Research Institute.
- Goal 4: External Collaboration - Expand and meet the needs of a diverse client base that provides projects and experiences in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Goal 5: Incubator - Establish an incubator to help entrepreneurs take a product from design and business plan to manufacturing and market.
- Goal 6: Financial - Develop revenue streams from project fees, grants, royalties and endowments to support Innovation Center activities.
- Goal 7: Marketing Plan - Market the Innovation Center to increase revenue streams and national recognition.