Annette PackardPhone: 937-229-2736
Your camp experience begins on Sunday with registration from 3-4 p.m.
Get to know women from across the country as you socialize during evening activities or while swimming and using the campus recreation center.
Experiments in engineering
Build it, try it, test it! This is the most popular camp module. Guided by University faculty, you'll discover what distinguishes our School's engineering disciplines:
- Use injection molding to make key chains from new and recycled plastics
- Build a structure able to withstand earthquakes
- Design a prosthetic leg for a dog
- Work with robots/sensors to learn about face detection, tracking, and identification
- Develop a concept for instrumentation of a new ATM system
- Develop bath oil, determine a target market and meet client specifications
- Design and test a sustainable water treatment system
Fun and challenging modules:
- Wide-area surveillance — control a robot through human brain signals — Click here to go to the University of Dayton Vision Lab >>
- Merlin Flight Simulator — learn about designing and testing aircraft — Click here to go to the UD News Merlin Flight Simulator Article >>
- Appropriate technology — improve the living conditions of a village in Bolivia — Click here to go to the University of Dayton's ETHOS Program >>
Dinner with an engineer
How have you used your degree? Do you like what you're doing? Enjoy a comfortable sit-down dinner with an engineer, ask questions, and hear from professional women engineers who are open, willing to share, and ready to encourage.
Day with industry
See for yourself! Leave campus and spend a day with an industry, depending on the industry — shadow an engineer, tour a plant or observe a process.
Your week comes to a close as parents join us for a luncheon with a photo presentation from the camp week.