Annette PackardPhone: 937-229-2736
Women in Engineering Summer Camp: Events
Your camp experience begins on Sunday with registration from 3-4 p.m.
Get to know women from across the country as you socialize during evening activities or while swimming and using the campus recreation center.
Experiments in engineering
Build it, try it, test it! This is the most popular camp module. Guided by University of Dayton faculty, you'll learn firsthand what distinguishes chemical, civil, computer, electrical, and mechanical engineering as well as engineering technology. Past participants have
- Used injection molding to make key chains or golf tees from new and recycled plastics
- Built a structure able to withstand earthquakes
- Designed a prosthetic leg for a dog
- Worked with robots and sensors and learned about face detection, tracking, and identification
- Developed a concept for instrumentation of a new ATM system
- Developed bath oil, determined a target market for the product and met client specifications
- Designed and tested a sustainable water treatment system
Participate in fun and challenging modules in areas such as
- Wide-area surveillance and controlling a robot through human brain signals — Click here to go to the University of Dayton Vision Lab >>
- Spend time in our Merlin Flight Simulator and learn about designing and testing aircraft — Click here to go to the UD News Merlin Flight Simulator Article >>
- Design a product by using appropriate technology to improve the living conditions of a village in Bolivia — Click here to go to the University of Dayton's ETHOS Program >>
Dinner with an engineer
How have you used your degree? Do you like what you're doing? Enjoy a comfortable sit-down dinner with an engineer, ask questions, and hear from professional women engineers who are open, willing to share, and ready to encourage.
Day with industry
See for yourself! Leave campus and spend a day with an industry. Depending on the industry, you might shadow an engineer, tour a plant or observe a process.
Your week comes to a close as parents join us for a luncheon with a photo presentation from the camp week.