Build Your Talent Pipeline
Employers: Your Valuable Asset is One Interview Away.
Let us help you find your co-op asset. Every year in October and February, 60-70 employers join us at the University of Dayton as we host on-campus co-op interviews.
In addition, our year-round résumé referrals help you find the right fit for your needs.
Generally, co-op students stay with one employer for 3-5 work terms alternating semesters between work and study and at times work a double term.
University of Dayton co-op students are reliable talents, ready to help.
University Co-op Work Terms and Study Semesters.
- End of August to mid-December
- Beginning of January to the end of April
- Beginning of May to mid-August
Students register for co-op at the University, which maintains their full-time student status. They do not earn credit for their co-op experience, but their work term record appears on their permanent transcript.
Once You Become a Cooperative Education Employer: We ask that you
- Relate the co-op's work to their major.
- With each subsequent work term, heighten the co-op's experience — new challenges, greater responsibility or rotation to a different department (if applicable).
- Complete a performance evaluation about each student at the end of each term.
Hiring a Co-op.
Click here to review our Cooperative Education Handbook for Employers (PDF) and contact us today about the University of Dayton School of Engineering's Cooperative Education program.
Other employer resources:
Read the "Hire-A-Flyer" Instructions for Employers (DOC) >>
Read Information about the Cooperative Education On-Campus Interviews (DOC) >>
Download a Reservation Form for On-Campus Interviews (DOC) >>
Download a Work Experience Performance Evaluation Form (PDF) >>