Complement Your Degree With Work Experience.
Our students work in industry, business or government alternating their full-time semesters of studies with their full-time, paid work experiences. They usually stay with the same employer throughout the program. Approximately 80 percent of our co-op employers are located in the Dayton and the Southwest Ohio regions.
Are You Ready to Put Your Classroom Knowledge into Practice?
If you are interested in our program, you should
- Attend an informational seminar.
- Schedule an appointment with the engineering co-op office to discuss the work/study calendar.
- Upload a resume and academic record at Career Services' Hire a Flyer.
- Read the Cooperative Education Handbook for Students.
- Complete the online Cooperative Education Student Agreement form.
Co-op Resources for Engineering and Engineering Technology Students.
Schedule of Important Dates (DOC) >>
Cooperative Education Handbook for Students (PDF) >>
Visit Career Services at the University of Dayton >>
Visit Hire a Flyer to Post a Resume >>
Chemical Engineering Workstudy Calendar (PDF) >>
Civil Engineering Workstudy Calendar (PDF) >>
Electrical and Computer Engineering Workstudy Calendar (PDF) >>
Engineering Technology Workstudy Calendar (PDF) >>
Mechanical Engineering Workstudy Calendar (PDF) >>
Find Out if You are Eligible for Cooperative Education.
To participate in the engineering co-op program, you must be a full-time student in an engineering or engineering technology program with a minimum GPA of 2.3.
Students generally begin the interview process during the first semester of sophomore year (third semester of study). The first term of work can begin no earlier than the second semester of the sophomore year (fourth semester of study). Co-op placement should begin no later than mid-junior year.
Transfer students can co-op after completing one semester as a full-time student. Part-time students are not eligible.
Accepting Your Employer's Offer?
After accepting an offer, you need to complete the following:
- Immediately inform the co-op office of your acceptance.
- Complete the online Acceptance of a Cooperative Education Employment Position form.
- Cancel any previously arranged interviews or appointments.