Skyping in Class
This past fall, students in Sport Management had the unique opportunity to skype with Russell Scibetti, Director of Relationship & Database Marketing for the New York Jets.
- Name: Russell Scibetti
- Current Job Title: Director, Relationship & Database Marketing
- Company Name: New York Jets
- First sports job: Marketing Fellowship at Arizona State University
- College education: MBA in Sports Business and Marketing from Arizona State University, BS in Computer Science from Rutgers University
- Executive most admired: Mark DiMaurizio, VP of Technology Solutions, Comcast-Spectacor
- Brand most admired: ESPN
Statement from Russell Scibetti
In my current role, I am responsible for creating, managing and reporting on all sales and service campaigns, building in-depth consumer profiles, and generating qualified leads for the Jets' consumer and corporate sales departments. To do this, I make sure that we aggregate all the important data for our customers and prospects and then analyze this data to make sound marketing and operational decisions. This information also allows our sales and service staff to deliver the best personalized experience to all of our fans.
Prior to taking this role, I worked as a CRM analyst for Comcast-Spectacor, where I implemented CRM and technology-based marketing initiatives for the Philadelphia Flyers' consumer, premium and advertising sales departments. On the side, I am also the Founding Editor of TheBusinessOfSports.com, an industry blog discussing current events and best practices in sports business.
Photos from Class